JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Microwave clock is losing time, running too slow

(Topic created: 04-02-2022 05:05 PM)
userXL2k7CwlhX
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I bought a new Samsung microwave model number ME19R7041FS about 4 months ago.  I have noticed after a few months, it is losing time. It is off by almost 5 minutes after three months. Is anybody else having this problem? My serial number is <HIDDEN>.  

6 Replies
VBPhilomath
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have the same model and the same problem. It lost three minutes over the past two months. My research hasn't found anything, either.

Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello! I completely understand your concerns about the microwave running slow. Have you unplug the unit for 2-3 mins and try starting it again? Also, does it show any error codes? Does the unit still heat when the microwave losing time?

VBPhilomath
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

It only loses a couple of minutes a month, and it runs perfectly fine otherwise. I will unplug it, let it sit for a few minutes, then plug it back in. It may take a month for me to find out if that works, though.

VBPhilomath
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I did unplug it for a few minutes, then plugged it back in and set the clock. The microwave works just fine, and it never displays error codes. However, at this point the clock has lost two minutes. Is there anything else you want me to try?

usernB5jlTMQo4
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Model ME19R7041FS loses about one minute every two weeks. Samsung repairman blamed it on my power not being at 60 Hz but it consistently meters at 59.9 to 60.1 Hz, well within the normal tolerance of 0.5% (59.7 to 60.3 Hz).

Second service appointment scheduled but no one showed up or called.

Unit has been unplugged and rebooted NUMEROUS times, from a few minutes to hours, but the results are always the same.

WHY WON'T SAMSUNG ACKNOWLEDGE THIS PROBLEM AND RECTIFY IT?

Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi there! Thanks for bringing this up. I know how frustrating it can be to have a clock lose time. I recommend first verifying the microwave is plugged into it's own dedicated electrical circuit. Not having a dedicated circuit can cause the microwave to lose a small amount of time. You will also need to verify that the outlet is receiving 60Hz of power consistently, as this can also affect the clock's efficiency.