JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Model RF28R7351SG/AA Temperature swings

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
Members_04wAvwx
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I installed some temperature sensors in my freezer and refrigerator sections so I can get alerts when the temperatures are too high.  In the refrigerator section, setpoint is 37F, monitor indicated temperature swinging between 39 to 45F over a months time frame with an average of 42.  The freezer section with a setpoint of 0F varies between -8F to +10F during the month, with an average of 0F. Are these swings normal.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Since its Late night and early mornings I believe what your experiencing is the automatic defrosting system in the refrigerators Samsung refrigerators typically have a defrost cycle that runs automatically every six to twelve hours, depending on the model.

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

View solution in context

3 Replies
GaryB82
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Too me that sounds about right since your looking at the monthly average you have to take into count the door opening and closing which will increase the temp from time to time 

If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
Members_04wAvwx
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Thanks for the reply & suggestion, but the extreme swings usually occur very late at night and early mornings when there has been no door activity for a while.

Solution
GaryB82
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Since its Late night and early mornings I believe what your experiencing is the automatic defrosting system in the refrigerators Samsung refrigerators typically have a defrost cycle that runs automatically every six to twelve hours, depending on the model.