JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

More Apps on Family Hub Fridge

(Topic created: 08-23-2023 12:25 PM)
jgjgjgjg
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We were excited by the potential of our family hub fridge freezer which we purchased about 9 months ago. 

However we're disappointed by the lack of apps/updates  available since we purchased it. Given the expense  I would have thought there would be a more regular update of the software & functionality. I would have thought it would have support for common apps and services such as netflix etc

Does anybody know how I can install additional apps on top the fridge at all?

Even having  a more modern/standard browser would be helpful as I would be able to access some standard streaming services etc (BBC iplayer works perfectly on the browser at the moment but we get regular messages telling us to update/change our browser as it soon won't be supported).

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Samsung refrigerators work with the SmartThings app, so you can pretty much Smart View most apps from your Samsung phone to the frig.

That said, there is a lack of apps available for the frig itself, though I suspect that is a third-party developer issue more than anything.

I've had my frig now for three years and have received regular updates annually.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Samsung refrigerators work with the SmartThings app, so you can pretty much Smart View most apps from your Samsung phone to the frig.

That said, there is a lack of apps available for the frig itself, though I suspect that is a third-party developer issue more than anything.

I've had my frig now for three years and have received regular updates annually.