Original topic:

Refrigerator not cooling BUT back panel frozen. Ice maker freezing but not making ice

(Topic created: Tuesday)
amosfam
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello -

Best Buy has now sent out 3 techs and they said it cant be repaired. The back wall of our refrigerator is frozen. Our refrigerator is not cooling to a safe degree and ruining all of our perishables and our ice maker is frozen and has to be thawed out once a week to work for 2 days.

0 Likes
2 Replies
rstorms20
Halo
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
To me, it sounds like the auto defrost isn't working. Have they thawed it out to see if that takes care of it?
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Nothing is irreparable, I agree it sounds like either the auto defrost isn't working or something is wrong with the thermostat, or both. I suggest, if it's feasible for you, that you empty the fridge (buy a little convenience fridge if you can) and turn it off for a few days to get rid of the frost. I'd move it to a plave you don't mind getting wet, because the will be a good amount of water. After it's defrosted, call teoair people who know what they are doing, unless you have an extended warranty with Best Buy. If you do, I thought the terms were if it couldn't be repaired, it would be replaced. I think they didn't want to chop ice or speed defrost (time is money), which is why they said they couldnt fix it.
0 Likes