JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

NX58F5500SS/AA Oven Control Panel Stopped Working

(Topic created: 05-30-2021 06:06 PM)
Tech_Blocked
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My wife and I recently got an gas range from my in-laws.  They had the board replaced in it previously and that solved the issue. (Or so we thought)

We had company over and were broiling a few pans of bacon.  The oven began beeping loudly from the control unit and then we couldn't turn off the broiler.  Finally, I guess the oven's safety features kicked in and the broiler cut off on its own. 

The only thing we could think of to reset the head unit was to kill power to it.  When that didn't work, we just left it alone.  It kept beeping annoyingly, so I just killed the breaker for the few hours we had company and then turned it back on. After around 10-15 minutes, it now has the 5E (SE?) error on it and blares out a series of beeps at seemingly random intervals.

Is there something that can be reset on the control board or is this model incapable of having the broiler on for more than 5 minutes without damaging the main control board?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Thank you for reaching out, I understand how this may be frustrating, have you tried power cycling the unit by unplugging the unit and replugging the unit back up, or flipping the circuit breaker? If this does not help this will require service, you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Tech_Blocked
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

@SamsungCaleb 

I appreciate the reply, so a few things:

1. Power cycling did not resolve the issue.  As was stated, we power cycled twice using the breaker.  The first time was for a few minutes.  The second time, I left it off for a few hours.

2. It is not in warranty, but the part that is most likely the issue was already replaced once under the same circumstance. (Broiler was used for more than 10 minutes and then the board ceased functioning)

3. My question was this:  Is it worth it to buy the over-priced piece of silicon and plastic and pay for the service since this has happened twice or should I just go out and buy another oven.

4. My frustration is evident because this isn't a singular event, but a recurring issue.  Over the 18 or so months that this oven has been purchased, the same board has gone out twice under the same circumstance. 

5. Having talked with my wife, our current idea is to take the money that we would have used for service, which costs  about half as much as a new oven of a similar make/model, and purchase a non-Samsung appliance.  We don't trust that the serviced part will last long enough to be worth the expenditure of $300+.  We love our Samsung electronics, but will never purchase a large appliance with Samsung branding after dealing with this oven.

6. The closest service is 74 miles according to that link you posted.  That will actually increase the service cost exponentially as well.  I have no issue doing the repair myself, but it still stands that parts alone will be more than half the worth of the oven.

Despite the angry air of this reply, I do appreciate you taking the time to reply and my frustration with Samsung's quality on this oven is in no way a reflection on you or the reply you gave.

Thank you.

0 Likes