Original topic:

Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Making Ice

(Topic created: a month ago)
Samsung_TkQimw0
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I bought the RF28R7351SR a little over two years ago and started having ice maker issues a couple months after the warranty expired. I have tried the reset button however it doesn’t chime as explained in the instructions. I’ve also tried unplugging the refrigerator for two minutes and then plugging it back and to no avail. When a run a diagnostic test on the Samsung App it says the refrigerator is functioning properly. It’s quite sad that a $3,000 refrigerator that’s two years old will no longer produce ice. I bought all new appliances for my kitchen two years ago and the only one working properly is the dishwasher. My burners on my $2,000 stove will do nothing but boil foods. There is no in between I either turn them to low and get no heat or I turn them slightly above low and all they do is boil. My $800 microwave can’t do something as simple as keep time correct on the clock. I have to add a few minutes to it every few weeks to try to keep it as close to the correct as possible. I would’ve never dreamed Samsung would market and sell such garbage appliances. All I can say is lesson learned….no more Samsung **bleep** for me for FOREVER!!!!

0 Likes
2 Replies
minecraftchest2
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
This is a known issue with samsung fridges. The ice maker is probably frosted over. Try taking it out and defrosting it. The moisture flap that is supposed to keep moisture out of the ice maker is on the door, so you have to defrost the ice maker every so often to have it keep working.
0 Likes
Romano
Asteroid
Options
Exactly what I was thinking, it is 2 years old so I would imagine it frosted. I saw a lot of videos about people using a blow dryer to defrost the ice
0 Likes