JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Refrigerator's Ice bucket will not come out

(Topic created: 01-04-2023 01:24 PM)
kelchj
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have model RF28R7351.  Ice bucket will not come out and I can't get it removed to empty after an ice jam.  I have had the ice maker off for months, so it is not a defrosting issue.  Bucket seems stuck just slightly ajar from fully in place.  Any suggestions for getting it removed?

6 Replies
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Even with the ice maker off it can still remain cold enough not to defrost or for the ice not to melt.

Wait till your food in it is low, then put the remaining food on ice or in another freezer, then unplug the refrigerator and open the doors so that the ice will melt.

It's a pain, but ice makers are notorious for having problems. Doesn't matter the maker.

Boosted_Z
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Hold the release button down and tap the bucket/drawer inward with a fist or hit the side of it. I can't remember what kind of fridge i have but they all gotta be pretty similar and that's what i learned to do
0 Likes
kelchj
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

There is no release button, you are supposed to just lift up on the bucket and pull out.  I have tried hitting the side and front of the bucket with no success.  The stupid thing just seems jammed, it is not fully seated in nor will it pull out.  I've used as much force as I dare without breaking it.

0 Likes
Boosted_Z
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
:: sad face:: sry
0 Likes
teardrop2654
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
I have had the same problem you have to unplug it till you can remove it then I found if I pulled it out and clean every 3 days I don't have problems with it freezing in
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi there, I can definitely understand the frustration with having your ice bucket stuck like that. To help with this, I'm providing the link below to our troubleshooting guide for ice maker issue. It has step by step instructions on what to do if the ice bucket is stuck. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001012/#ice-bucket-is-stuck-or-has-a-block-o...

Once these steps are completed, if the ice bucket is still stuck, the unit will require service. There are a couple options here we can take based on your warranty status. 
If you’re in the one-year manufacturer’s warranty, please gather together the full model and serial number of your unit, and have ready your name, street address, 2 phone numbers (Best contact, alternative number), email, and place of purchase. Provide this information to an agent, in one of the following options below:
1.) Reach out to a Moderator directly, by selecting our name and the message option. When messaging please use a link to this thread in addition to the info above.
2.) Reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter. Please provide the same info as above, as well as the link to your thread.
3.) You can also contact 1-800-726-7864, if you’d like to speak with a live agent about this situation.
4.) Last, if you wish to speak with a live agent and don’t want to call in, you can reach out to our Live Chat team. 
If you’re out of the one-year manufacturer’s warranty: 
1. You can utilize this link to locate an authorized service center in your area to obtain estimates for repairs: http://www.Samsung.com/us/support/service/location or reach out to any local repair shop.
2. The other option, would be a replacement of the unit. Samsung.com offers amazing deals on different models that may be to your liking, check out those deals here: https://www.samsung.com/us/refrigerators/