JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Right spring not connected on new dishwasher Model: DW80R5061US/AA

(Topic created: 10-26-2022 12:14 PM)
celldiver
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

The first time we used dishwasher the door slammed all the way open and sounded like it hit the floor.   The door is physically lopsided now but still holding the seal. Looking at the door on both sides I can see rope on left side is moving with the door, but on the right side there is no movement at all.  It does not appear that that the spring is attached.  The Model is DW80R5061US/AA and serial number is <HIDDEN>.  We have programmed the dishwasher not to use the AUTO RELEASE Dry Mode function for now.  Please respond to my email at <HIDDEN>.  Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi there! I can definitely understand how concerning this would be, especially with a brand new dishwasher. Based on what you've described, we would recommend service for the dishwasher. Since you did just purchase the dishwasher, you may want to check with your retailer about their exchange options. If you would like to proceed with service options, please reach out to one of the moderators here in a private message. 

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi there! I can definitely understand how concerning this would be, especially with a brand new dishwasher. Based on what you've described, we would recommend service for the dishwasher. Since you did just purchase the dishwasher, you may want to check with your retailer about their exchange options. If you would like to proceed with service options, please reach out to one of the moderators here in a private message.