Original topic:

Samsung tv plus discontinuing

(Topic created: 05-22-2024 05:48 AM)
Ianjamesmorton
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We just received a notification this morning that Samsung tv plus will be discontinued after a June update. we watch tv on this in the morning while get our day started… does this mean that we’re going to lose our ability to watch tv shows?

IMG_3963.jpeg

JUMP TO SOLUTION
MzNorms
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

New notice to disregard 

1000006425.jpg

  

erod133
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Yup law suit she be started asap I bought my big screen and my bedroom tv as well because of the ability to use the samsung plus ...horrible I had been a loyal samsung customer all my major appliances are samsung smart ones n now this ...I'm going to downgrade eventually not worth it anymore
userhwDXon6JDS
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Got the message on our fridge this morning and with no explanation. It said it will be only be availabe in the Mexican territory. I guess we'll have to cross the border back again.
Faithgt
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Very unhappy with this Samsung TV Plus update on our fridge. no explanation or anything. Would have never purchased without this feature. Needs to be reconsidered.

Sweetest RN
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

The TV feature was the primary reason for my purchase of the Bespoke refrigerator (and all of the matching appliances!) for my new home. I am deeply disappointed and frustrated by this situation. At the very least, Samsung owes its customers an explanation and alternative options.

Members_6ZwxGqq
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This is so not fair that we buy these appliances and TVs just to have the very features of why we made the purchase. to begin with taken away with no recourse of action. Samsung this is not how to keep your customer base happy and staying with your products. Very bad move in my opinion and may be time to switch to LG or another brand.

ibuyufo
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Dumb move Samsung!  You're alienating a lot of your customers.

RBTW
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I received this message as well. It is awful because it’s on of the main reasons we were okay will making such an expensive purchase.  I see they have something called Tune In in the app list on the website.  Is it possible that it will replace the Samsung TV Plus?  If not, I hope they let us stream TV in other ways, like log into out TV provider through the internet.  I just want to have access to the TV to watch programing and use the cooking shows in my kitchen without using another device and this was my solution… especially since I can’t see the living room TV and there is no way to install an extra TV in the room. After only three months in 2023, we began having major leaks and other issues the refrigerator that Samsung said couldn’t be repaired. So we are on our second refrigerator in 2024 and finally enjoying it. Then this notification.👎

I hope there will be good news after the update with another TV watching solution.

RhodyJack
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
This is clearly some sort of licensing problem at Samsung. Someone or perhaps several providers are likely demanding big dollars to continue to provide content in the US market. Note however that the notice said it was continuing in Mexico where laws are far less restrictive on this sort of thing. They've likely assumed that we don't want to pay fees to use this, and they're right. Blame the greedy content providers for all of this.
holaari
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
i just got this fridge 3 weeks ago and is making a sound due to a setting malconfiguration... and now the TV feature will be gone. thats the whole reason i bought for!! i want at least a partial refund.