JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Water Filter won't pop off

(Topic created: 09-04-2022 07:43 AM)
user7qHEqaKFpQ
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have a model RF267AEBP/XAA refrigerator that uses a "soup can" size filter (DA29-0003) that mounts internally in the upper righthand side of the frig. I have been using a "compatible" filter for some time because the Samsung ones are so expensive. I've used a certain brand for some time with no issues. 

The problem:

I can't remove the current filter. I can fully turn the filter to the position it should "pop" down and out but, it will not come out of the mount. I can't overdo the downward pressure as the whole mount flexes, and I am afraid I will break it. 

If anyone has had this happen and has some advice, I would be grateful. 

I have a mechanical and electronic background, so I can dig into things as long as I have some idea of what needs to be done

email: <hidden>

2 Replies
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
It may be stuck on the wings. Try and turn it back to the installed position, now retry removal but make sure to turn it ALL THE WAY. Then it should pull/fall off
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi there! I'm happy to help with this. There are a few things that could be causing your old water filter to stick in place. I first recommend reading over this guide to replacing the water filter: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00060149/

One of the key recommendations in this link is to turn off the water supply prior to removing this filter. This is due to the pressure built up behind the filter when the water is turned on; which can make it difficult to remove. 

Our next suggestion would be to press the filter into the housing, and turn it to the left as far as it will go, even past the point where the filter could be removed. Sometimes the latch system does not get turned all the way; and this should force it into the open position, allowing the filter to be removed. 

If you are still unable to remove the water filter, please reach out to one of the moderators here in a private message for further assistance.