JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

complaint about microwave that cannot be repaired

(Topic created: 08-21-2022 12:28 PM)
khbrn
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

In May of 2021 we moved in to our newly built home which was outfitted with all of the latest Samsung kitchen appliances.  We have enjoyed the style and the use of all of these appliances until recently.

This week, just a little past the one year mark and subsequently the expiration of the warranty, our over the range microwave stopped working.  Although power continues to be supplied to the unit, the key pad is non-functioning.  The repair person, distributors, and the Best Buy store where the items were purchased all confirmed that the part is no longer available.  Being out of warranty also leaves us with no options or remedies.

I fully understand that the warranty has expired and without any additional supplemental warranty purchased on the item we have no recourse.  However, I am very unhappy with the fact that the microwave was built in January of 2021 and experiencing failure.  I am displeased, to say the least, with your product and not only will I never buy a Samsung appliance again but I will advocate against buying one to anyone I know.  The poor craftsmanship, quality, and discontinuance of parts for an appliance that just turned one year old is unacceptable.

My wife and I live alone.  We do not have young children that are rough with the appliance and the appliance gets minimal use.  If your over the range units are unable to endure the vigor of cooking on the range then perhaps they should be redesigned to last longer.  If I were a Samsung executive I would be ashamed and embarrassed  to put such poor quality products on the market.

To make matters worse I went to the chat and asked for an email address to send this complaint.  The response was that they could not locate one.  In customer service you must take the good with the bad.  I am fully disgusted with the lack of company pride in their product and desire to help all customers!

Regretfully and frustrated,

Kenneth B.

Model number: ME16K3000AS

Serial number: <HIDDEN>

Manufactured: January -2021

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi there, We appreciate you sharing your experience with this microwave. If you would like to reach out to a moderator here in a private message, we would be happy to review your case for any available options at this time. Please include your full model and serial numbers, as well as any ticket numbers you've received in your private message. This will help us assist you quicker. Thank you for your patience during this time, and we look forward to helping you get a fully functioning microwave again soon. 

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi there, We appreciate you sharing your experience with this microwave. If you would like to reach out to a moderator here in a private message, we would be happy to review your case for any available options at this time. Please include your full model and serial numbers, as well as any ticket numbers you've received in your private message. This will help us assist you quicker. Thank you for your patience during this time, and we look forward to helping you get a fully functioning microwave again soon.