Original topic:

dishwasher model DW80J3020US/AA turns itself on

(Topic created: 03-16-2021 04:06 AM)
userNXKhixX84e
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello, 

Samsung dishwasher model DW80J3020US/AA.

We normally unplug our dishwasher so our kids don't play with the control panel. Last time we plugged it back in to use, it turns itself on and runs in the heavy cycle. None of the other buttons are responding, including holding start to reset. If we press the power button it will turn off and then back on, and back to the heavy load. We tried unplugging again, waiting a few minutes, and plugging back in, but same thing happens. Any advice? 

4 Replies
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I'm sorry to hear that, when this occurs is the door opening? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userNXKhixX84e
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

After reading the error codes, this is normal behavior when the leak sensor goes off. I'm not sure why it would be going off though. I went through all of the possible causes and none of them pertain to our situation. I also pulled out the dishwasher and opened up the bottom cover where the leak sensor is. There was some water and I dried it all off. I put it back together and still getting the same error.

0 Likes
Solution
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hey, give this link a shot: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01002074/ If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. Send your full model code and serial number via private message to get started.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

0 Likes