Original topic:

keypad issues

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
michael_hinton
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I was cleaning my keypad and several sounds (probably thinking I was trying to do something) went off.  When I was done cleaning this... I had the self-clean icon in the upper left hand corner and a 111F beside the clock.  The clock now blinks every few seconds as if something is trying to engage in the background.

I tried to power cycle the range both by unplugging it for several minutes and by tripping the breaker (for days)... nothing has happened to clear this.

I called in for technical support, the lady I spoke with was difficult to work with but her end reply was that if the self-clean icon was on... you MUST use the self-clean to clear it.

This was done... for 2 hours on the timer.  Nothing changed (except my electric bill (grrr))

I am hoping for some support to clear this issue with knowledge of a possible keypad combination to factory reset this.  If anyone could help... it would be greatly appreciated.

I do have a picture if anyone needs it.  I just cannot find any place to load it here/now.

0 Likes
7 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Is there no manual that came with it or one available online?  You may have to call support again and get someone who is less difficult to deal with.

0 Likes
michael_hinton
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

The manual does not show anything except to unplug it for 30 minutes and re-plug it in.  This failed. 

Came online to search for other alternatives and found that tripping the breaker should reset it after 15 minutes.  Didn't work.

Called into Samsung support and was told to run the self-clean since the icon appeared.  Did not work.IMG_3874.JPG

0 Likes
meself
Supernova
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Think if you do a search online may get a solution or in the manual
0 Likes
michael_hinton
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

The manual does not show anything except to unplug it for 30 minutes and re-plug it in.  This failed. 

Came online to search for other alternatives and found that tripping the breaker should reset it after 15 minutes.  Didn't work.

Called into Samsung support and was told to run the self-clean since the icon appeared.  Did not work.IMG_3874.JPG

0 Likes
meself
Supernova
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Same reply as before
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

As I said, call support again and get a different person, or put in a service ticket.

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello @michael_hinton! Thank you for reaching out! I see how this can be frustrating with this occurring. You can try the information in the following link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01110126/. This may or may not help, so that I may look into other options if it doesn't can you please provide your full model number.

0 Likes