JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

8 Series Samsung TV won't detect Windows 10 PC through HDMI

(Topic created: a week ago)
JohnnyGood
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I have an 8 Series Samsung TV (UA55KS8800JXXZ) with an One Connect Box that doesn't recognize my computer when plugged in through the HDMI.

• The TV does recognize other devices such as IPTV box and Macbook Pro

• I tested the computer with another monitor with the same cable and it could recognize the external monitor as expected.

• I also bought a very high quality 8K high speed HDMI cable and it still didn't make a difference.

When I do plug it, the TV does automatically switch to the appropriate port, and I do get the black screen for quite some time while it's trying to handshake but it always ends up with "No Signal". I have Windows 10 PC with RTX 2060.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hello! Thank you so much for posting about this. I'll be more than delighted to assist.  The issue is likely the settings on your PC that need to be adjusted. Could you make sure everything is up-to-date on both devices? Also, I see that this is an international device. There are differences between the US and International firmware, which we cannot access. Since your product was purchased outside the US, please visit the link below for support in your area. https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hello! Thank you so much for posting about this. I'll be more than delighted to assist.  The issue is likely the settings on your PC that need to be adjusted. Could you make sure everything is up-to-date on both devices? Also, I see that this is an international device. There are differences between the US and International firmware, which we cannot access. Since your product was purchased outside the US, please visit the link below for support in your area. https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html