Original topic:

AU8000 sound problem

(Topic created: 10-19-2023 11:56 AM)
userZy4cZKOMrM
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Occasionally while streaming FUBO or Samsung TV plus the sound will go off.  It only does it during commercials.  The speaker icon does not show the sound to be muted. In most cases the video seems to go into a "jerk motion" state.  This only happens when watching streaming video, it does not do it when watching off air,  Netflix or Prime.  So far the only way to get it working again is to off & on the TV or change the channel  then go back to the original channel. Our sound set up is simple, one sound bar connected via fiber optic and a headset via bluetooth. We never used streaming services before last month when we cancelled DirecTV and started using Samsung TV Plus and FUBO.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I see how this can be a cause for concern with your TV sound cutting out like this while watching TV. This can be caused by internet connectivity issues while streaming I would recommend making sure you have a solid Wi-Fi connection and the TV is not too far from your router. 

I would also recommend making sure the TV is up to date and that you are connected to the 2.4GHz connection, as the 5GHz connection can have issues with being unstable with our TVs as not all of our TVs support 5GHz connections. 

If that does not help as a last resort I would recommend trying a factory reset on the TV, 

1. Open Settings, and then select General.

2. Select Reset, enter your PIN (0000 is the default), and then select Reset.

3. To complete the reset, select OK. Your TV will restart automatically.

4. If these steps don't match your TV, navigate to Settings, select Support, and then select Self DiagnosisReset will be located in that menu. You can also check the user manual for exact instructions for your TV model.

If this is occurring on all sources even through HDMI then this will require service. Depending on your warrant you will have a couple of options. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

View solution in context

2 Replies
userZy4cZKOMrM
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Update

After dealing with this problem I now figured out that programming coming from Samsung TV or FUBO isn't the only source that has the problem.  It happens on streaming  channels 1000 and up too.

Does anyone know if there is another source of tech assistance I can use to get help with this?   

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I see how this can be a cause for concern with your TV sound cutting out like this while watching TV. This can be caused by internet connectivity issues while streaming I would recommend making sure you have a solid Wi-Fi connection and the TV is not too far from your router. 

I would also recommend making sure the TV is up to date and that you are connected to the 2.4GHz connection, as the 5GHz connection can have issues with being unstable with our TVs as not all of our TVs support 5GHz connections. 

If that does not help as a last resort I would recommend trying a factory reset on the TV, 

1. Open Settings, and then select General.

2. Select Reset, enter your PIN (0000 is the default), and then select Reset.

3. To complete the reset, select OK. Your TV will restart automatically.

4. If these steps don't match your TV, navigate to Settings, select Support, and then select Self DiagnosisReset will be located in that menu. You can also check the user manual for exact instructions for your TV model.

If this is occurring on all sources even through HDMI then this will require service. Depending on your warrant you will have a couple of options. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/