Original topic:

My amazon account APP was hacked, but only on my Samsung TV.

(Topic created: yesterday)
rse1
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I can't use the Amazon APP on my Samsung TV because someone else is using it. It won't let me remove the users on it and when I remove the APP and reinstall it they are still there. How can I get rid of the freeloaders. I have checked and they don't have access to my Amazon Prime account, but the TV doesn't show up on my Prime Video devices. I can't register this TV until I can do it through this TV.

0 Likes
3 Replies
ChaosSaber
Honored Contributor
Options
LED and OLED TVs
Reset to default?
0 Likes
kimberleigh
Galaxy
Options
LED and OLED TVs
Change the password
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
LED and OLED TVs
It sounds more like your home internet was hijacked and the interlopers created their own amazon account. If the users do not show up in your Amazon account from another device, they are most likely not in *your* account. If you can log out of that account and log in as a new user, you should try that. However, I would create a new Amazon account for this experiment, as you don't want the intruders to intercept your Amazon password. Do, however, change your Amazon password from another device *not* on your home network. As for cleaning up your home internet, if you are unfamiliar with getting into your router settings and changing your network name and password, ask your ISP to assist you with that.