JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Problem with Hulu Update

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
MG311
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs

For the past few weeks I've been unable to watch Hulu on my Samsung smart tv model UN32M5300. It says update available, please install, but there's no way to manually install an update. The updates are supposed to be automatically installed. I spent two hours chatting with a Hulu representative, tried every possible remedy to rectify the problem, and nothing worked. In the end I was informed by the rep that it was a technical issue between Hulu and Samsung that the technicians were working on and it would be resolved soon. That was two weeks ago and there's been no change. The other streaming services I subscribe to--Netflix, Amazon, and Max--are working without a problem. Is there a fix for this on the way? If I can no longer watch Hulu programming on my tv when the app was pre-installed with the tv and therefore can't be deleted and re-installed, I might as well cancel the subscription. I would prefer not to, though.

20 Replies
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
LED and OLED TVs

@MG311 If you TV is like mine, you can go into Edit apps, long press on the app and select reinstall. Have you tried that? 

0 Likes
MG311
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I don't have an edit apps option, but I do have a reinstall option. Unfortunately, selecting reinstall just gives me an error message that tells me to try again later. I've tried again later about a million times to no avail. I also can't delete the Hulu app because it came pre-installed on the tv. Thanks for the tip, though!

d-ads
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hi LongHiker:   I am not familiar community blogs like this.   I added a comment to this thread today but when I refresh the conversation I do not see my addition.   Is there a waiting period before such comments are posted?  d-ads

0 Likes
DeaJay
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs
I am having the same exact problem. Please post so I know when you find a solution.
user7p4zcGBdjE
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs
Same problem here.
userKI37lFrutn
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs
Same problem.
0 Likes
TaraSLP
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Same problem! So frustrating!!

0 Likes
Rocky
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Go to the apps, on the top right corner there’s the setting button, click it than fine Hulu delete the app and reinstall it, that should fix it 

0 Likes
MG311
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs

It’s not possible to delete the Hulu app because it was pre installed on the tv. And when I have selected reinstall I’ve gotten an error message that says try again later. I think I have tried every possible remedy to no avail. The fact that so many others have the same problem indicates that for some reason the app didn’t automatically update as it should have.