Original topic:

Problem with Hulu Update

(Topic created: 08-12-2024 10:58 AM)
MG311
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs

For the past few weeks I've been unable to watch Hulu on my Samsung smart tv model UN32M5300. It says update available, please install, but there's no way to manually install an update. The updates are supposed to be automatically installed. I spent two hours chatting with a Hulu representative, tried every possible remedy to rectify the problem, and nothing worked. In the end I was informed by the rep that it was a technical issue between Hulu and Samsung that the technicians were working on and it would be resolved soon. That was two weeks ago and there's been no change. The other streaming services I subscribe to--Netflix, Amazon, and Max--are working without a problem. Is there a fix for this on the way? If I can no longer watch Hulu programming on my tv when the app was pre-installed with the tv and therefore can't be deleted and re-installed, I might as well cancel the subscription. I would prefer not to, though.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
20 Replies
doozerdj
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I just got my Hulu working again by going to the settings in the apps - I noticed there was 0% free memory, so I deleted a bunch of unnecessary apps.  I then showed about 8% free memory which was plenty.  Then I selected Hulu and 'Reinstall'.  It now works just fine.  Apparently Hulu couldn't auto-update because of no free memory, and got 'stuck'.

0 Likes