JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S95B no longer changing volume on AVR

(Topic created: Saturday)
terryfying
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I've had my S95B for a year and a half, and all of the sudden I am unable to change the volume on my Denon AVR with the remote. TV is connected to the AVR through HDMI ARC. The AVR still turns On/Off when I use the remote to turn the TV On/Off. When I attempt to change the volume with the remote, the window showing the AVR name pops up on the left of the screen, but the +/- are no longer showing. It makes a "booping" sound, but the volume on the AVR does not change. If I change the sound output to TV Speaker, remote is able to change the volume without any issues, so I don't believe the issue is with the remote. I've made sure the remote is fully charged, and re-paired it to the TV, but no difference. I've also gone through the setup on the AVR again, but still no difference. I checked for firmware updates, but says I am current (v1622). Not sure why it all of the sudden decided to stop working.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
terryfying
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I saw on a Reddit forum that someone fixed a similar issue by doing a power cycle followed by a factory reset on both their TV and AVR. Wasn't crazy about the idea of doing a factory reset on either, so started off by power cycling both the TV and AVR and wouldn't you know it, that fixed my issue!

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
terryfying
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I saw on a Reddit forum that someone fixed a similar issue by doing a power cycle followed by a factory reset on both their TV and AVR. Wasn't crazy about the idea of doing a factory reset on either, so started off by power cycling both the TV and AVR and wouldn't you know it, that fixed my issue!