Original topic:

Samsung TV plus dns

(Topic created: a month ago)
kdb29127
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I have a  2019 Samsung TV Q60r. I have noticed it won’t connect with google dns 8.8.8.8 but will with my isp dns resolver. Is anyone else having this issu? Is this normal? What would cause this?

0 Likes
9 Replies
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
LED and OLED TVs
Try performing a soft reset on your TV, Hold down the power button until the Samsung tv logo appears. If that doesn't work, try unplugging your tv for a few minutes and rebooting your wifi router, Make sure you are connecting to the 2.4hz channel on your wifi, Dns 8.8.4.4 is another server you can try using
0 Likes
kdb29127
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Actually the tv connects to Wi-Fi, but the Samsung tv plus online service does not connect to the server if I use google dns(8.8.8.8) or cloudflare(1.1.1.1) but if I use quad9(9.9.9.9) or my isp dns it connects perfectly. I have a 2019 Samsung Q60r tv. Is anyone else seeing this? What would cause this? I’m using the latest firmware.

0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
LED and OLED TVs
I'm not sure what is causing the problem with the DNS server. I have tried a soft reset, unplug your tv for a few minutes,
0 Likes
kdb29127
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I’ve tried all that, it still didn’t make any difference. I also tried a factory reset on the tv. That made no difference. It is a dns issue. I’m using my isp dns for now because it works. Quad9 also works, but not cloudflare and google dns. Just curious why? I’m just wondering if anyone else is happen this issue?

0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
LED and OLED TVs
As far as I know, you are the only person who submitted a question regarding this issue
0 Likes
kdb29127
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

It’s not a real issue for me because I use my Roku 99% of the time and it works perfectly with all dns servers. Just really curious why.

0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
LED and OLED TVs
I will check around the community to see if someone posted the same problem
kdb29127
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

After digging in to this issue, I tried my Verizon hotspot and it worked with using google and cloudflare dns. But with my router, the only 2 dns resolvers that work is my isp dns and quad 9. The issue only applies to the Samsung tv plus service. The regulars apps like you tube work fine with all dns. I think it’s an issue or compatibility issue with my Samsung TV plus app probably with the latest update because it used to work fine. My tv is a 2019 Samsung Q60r. Thanks.

0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
LED and OLED TVs
Thanks for the update
0 Likes