JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

TV Plus there, but not there

(Topic created: a week ago)
Starlysh
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hi! I have a Samsung smart TV and we love watching the bonus Samsung channels on it, usually starting with 1110+. However, when I punch in various TV Plus channels, the screen is black but it will still display what's playing and how far along it is in the program. 

I've tried resetting my network settings on the TV, resetting my network by unplugging my modem/router, clearing cache, unplugging/replugging in my TV. Fiddled a bit with different settings. The normal OTA channels thankfully are still working, just not the TV Plus channels. I could say it's the internet, but the wifi is working fine for me on my PC and iPad. I wasn't sure if there was something wrong, like an outage, over at Samsung. If anyone has any other ideas on fixing this issue, I'd be happy to see them. Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Starlysh
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I found a solution on a fairly old post while I tried everything. 

I changed the DNS setting by going to Settings > General > Network > Network Status, then down to enter the DNS setting manually, and changed it to 8.8.8.8. Then I exited settings, turned the TV off, and unplugged it for a minute. Turned it back on - and there they were! All my Samsung TV Plus channels. The channels take a bit to load up, I could see the dots spinning in the corner, but it got there. Hopefully it's just warming up and they connect faster later. 

Hope this helps anyone in the future!

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
byron2w
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I'm having the same problem, everything works except the Samsung channels it looks like they will load but it will finely timeout and leave the screen black, if you go to the next channel it will display the channel info but will eventually time out and leave the screen black  

Solution
Starlysh
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I found a solution on a fairly old post while I tried everything. 

I changed the DNS setting by going to Settings > General > Network > Network Status, then down to enter the DNS setting manually, and changed it to 8.8.8.8. Then I exited settings, turned the TV off, and unplugged it for a minute. Turned it back on - and there they were! All my Samsung TV Plus channels. The channels take a bit to load up, I could see the dots spinning in the corner, but it got there. Hopefully it's just warming up and they connect faster later. 

Hope this helps anyone in the future!

0 Likes