Original topic:

TV does not turn on through HDMI CEC

(Topic created: 08-19-2024 08:14 PM)
wangvictorh
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Just bought a Samsung S95D and the TV  does not reliably turn on through HDMI CEC ... I've tried using an Apple TV and a Playstation 5, both of which are set to turn the TV on through HDMI CEC and have the appropriate cables to do so (i.e. both of these devices turned my previous Samsung Q90T on without any issues prior to this TV).

This seems to be an issue  when the TV is off for more than an hour ... if the TV was just recently turned off (e.g. in the past hour), the Apple TV and the Playstation 5 are both able to turn the TV on. Anything more than an hour, the TV does not turn on successfully through these two devices

11 Replies
jean-gui
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I believe I have the same issue with a S95D TV and an Amazon FireTv Stick 4k Max.

When I use voice command to turn the TV on (either through the voice button of the stick's remote, or an echo dot linked to the stick), the TV will only turn on if it was not off for too long (I haven't tried to find out exactly how long).

It does work if I use the on/off button on the FireTv remote though, I guess because it also uses IR.

I hope Samsung can fix this soon.

wrwg
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Same issue here. Brand new S95D connected to a newer Apple TV 4k. Won't turn the TV on via the the Apple TV remote, worked perfectly with the previous LG. HDMI CEC is on, software is up-to-date. Now I've to juggle with multiple remotes, like 10 years ago. Please fix this.