Original topic:

TV volume control options

(Topic created: 11-13-2023 12:31 PM)
Lynx007
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I currently have a Samsung 58" 1080p Smart TV made circa 2016.

I have (currently) a Tuner attached via Optical for sound going to two large speakers. ....and..... I have a Roku device occupying one of the two HDMI slots on the back of the TV.

Right now, I have to adjust sound volume via the Tuner since the 3 will not mesh together.

What I would like to know, is if I purchase a decent Soundbar, can I get the volume control to come out of one device....preferably the Roku Remote ?

Thank You in advance

Lynx007

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
OoYORIoO
Sun
Options
LED and OLED TVs
@Lynx007 Welcome to the Samsung Member's Community. Thank you for your question and comments about your Samsung Television.

I've read your question multiple times to get an idea as to what your are encountering with your Samsung Televison. Because, it can be rather confusing trying to come to an acceptable solution.

Now since you have an External Tuner attached via the Digital Optical Output. The Audio Level of the Tuner has it's own Sound Output Level. Your external Audio Device will control the Master Audio Output Level for the "Tuner" Itself that is going to the Speakers.

While the Roku being Connected to the Television itself. Your Samsung Television will adjust the Audio Output for the Roku Device Itself.

I'd suggest setting the Master Volume on your External Audio Device to the Max Level you want it to be. Then when you change the volume on your Samsung Television. It will output the Sound Level to the Maximum Audio Level of your External Audio Device.

If this doesn't work for you. You can purchase a new Samsung Soundbar with Digital Optical Input. Why Digital Optical Output in your case? Because you can (with a third-party) Digital Optical Output Splitter.

This suggestion would not only allow you to use your new Samsung Soundbar, but also your existing Speaker Setup. I hope that you have found my potential solution to be satisfactory. I apologize in advance if I am mistaken about what I think you were trying to ask. Thank you once again for using the Samsung Member's Community. I hope that I was helpful in answering your question. Thank you!

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
OoYORIoO
Sun
Options
LED and OLED TVs
@Lynx007 Welcome to the Samsung Member's Community. Thank you for your question and comments about your Samsung Television.

I've read your question multiple times to get an idea as to what your are encountering with your Samsung Televison. Because, it can be rather confusing trying to come to an acceptable solution.

Now since you have an External Tuner attached via the Digital Optical Output. The Audio Level of the Tuner has it's own Sound Output Level. Your external Audio Device will control the Master Audio Output Level for the "Tuner" Itself that is going to the Speakers.

While the Roku being Connected to the Television itself. Your Samsung Television will adjust the Audio Output for the Roku Device Itself.

I'd suggest setting the Master Volume on your External Audio Device to the Max Level you want it to be. Then when you change the volume on your Samsung Television. It will output the Sound Level to the Maximum Audio Level of your External Audio Device.

If this doesn't work for you. You can purchase a new Samsung Soundbar with Digital Optical Input. Why Digital Optical Output in your case? Because you can (with a third-party) Digital Optical Output Splitter.

This suggestion would not only allow you to use your new Samsung Soundbar, but also your existing Speaker Setup. I hope that you have found my potential solution to be satisfactory. I apologize in advance if I am mistaken about what I think you were trying to ask. Thank you once again for using the Samsung Member's Community. I hope that I was helpful in answering your question. Thank you!
OoYORIoO
Sun
Options
LED and OLED TVs
@Lynx007 Did you find my solution to be satisfactory? Please tap on the answer that you have found to be helpful. Please Tap "Accepted Solution" Thank you for your question. Thank you!
0 Likes