JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

UN75CU7000 Populate guide with no cable box

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
Lj_fenton
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

So I have a UN75CU7000 television. While setting up I had the option to use a cable box to populate the onscreen television guide. I live in a retirement community and get satellite channels through Coax from the wall. So technically speaking I don’t get OTA stations, nor do I get cable box stations. I do have to scan for stations through the coax. But I do see the 4 character call sign for each station (ie ESPN, CMDY, DISC) but each says “no information”

This seems very archaic as far as “smart” TV’s. A smart TV should be able to see those labels, use my zip code and populate the guide with information. 

Is there a place where I can request this to be added to a new firmware package through Samsung? If I knew this TV would be this dumb, I would have chosen a Roku or Amazon TV. 

Any help or workarounds would be appreciated.   Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
LED and OLED TVs

The TV pulls the guide information from the TV service over the cable/coax and doesn't go elsewhere for that information.  I would get the service providers customer service number and start there. 

You could try removing the power from the TV for a minute or two once the channels are scanned and see if that helps. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV

View solution in context

3 Replies
garage
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs
Yes 66725
0 Likes
Lj_fenton
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I’m not sure I know what you are referring to? 

0 Likes
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
LED and OLED TVs

The TV pulls the guide information from the TV service over the cable/coax and doesn't go elsewhere for that information.  I would get the service providers customer service number and start there. 

You could try removing the power from the TV for a minute or two once the channels are scanned and see if that helps. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV