JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to record over the air Tv on usb hard drive

(Topic created: 06-02-2024 02:58 PM)
Psa
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs

able to play recorded video file, but unable to record OTA digital TV on CU7000DXZA.  USB 1TB drive is seen ok by TV.  Only able to see add Viewing under schedule manager (123 button).  Tech support unable to help.

8 Replies
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
LED and OLED TVs
Sorry but the tv doesn't have the ability to record live tv to a USB stick. You would need to purchase a DVR to record to

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

Psa
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs

If this model doesn’t have the ability to record, do you know of a model that does?   The user manual says it is able to.

Thanks

GaryB82
Options
LED and OLED TVs
I've never seen a tv able to record to a usb stick. You've always needed a dvr to record to separately
I found this but it's the first I've heard of it
https://www.samsung.com/ae/support/tv-audio-video/set-up-and-record-programs-on-a-samsung-tv/

If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

Psa
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs

It seems that Samsung tech support reads off of a script for trouble shooting.  That is what they were telling me to try.  I have a feeling that the recording is connected to a 4th generation Tablo,  which I just found out on the internet that Samsung has an app for that you can download.

Thanks again.

GaryB82
Options
LED and OLED TVs
Sorry, I wasn't more help that must be something new since I've never heard of it

Psa
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs

FYI,
Samsung tech support supervisor told me today that because of US privacy laws, Samsung TV’s in the US cannot record over the air digital programs.  Why their tech support wasn’t aware of this I don’t know.  Spent hours with them troubleshooting, waste of their and my time. 

GaryB82
Options
LED and OLED TVs
Strange, I didn't see that listed anywhere.

Solution
Psa
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Finally found the answer.  In the e-manuals for the TV’s that I Looked at (including the most expensive ones), on page 234 of the 240 page e-manual, it states that this function is not available in the United States and Cañada.  Don’t know why it’s hidden in the last pages of the manual.  Would have been nice if they said to look at country’s that the function is not available when describing this at the beginning of the manual, not just that it possibly is not available. Strange how I spent hours with tech support (about 4-5 different reps), and they couldn’t tell me about this.  
Lot of wasted time for everyone.
Thanks again for responding.