Original topic:

Unable to update software

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
Members_gbj6F43
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I recently purchased a TU690T TV directly from Samsung.  Since it's a 2022 model, I expected to have to update the software. Unfortunately it will not update over the internet or via USB. Samsung Tech Support even tried remote access into the set and could not get the TV to update. I need the 2210 version in order to fix the issue the older software has with xfinity stream app.  Tech Support tells me Since the TV is working, I would have to pay for a technician to come fix the problem!   Is there a way to force the update?  I've been trying to get this updated for 2 months and Samsung Tech Support has been everything except helpful

3 Replies
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Here are instructions for downloading the firmware onto a USB stick and updating our TV

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/LED-and-OLED-TVs/Updating-your-television-via-USB/m-p/70884#M176...

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes
Members_gbj6F43
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I've done those exact steps several times and with multiple USB  drives. I've even sent screenshot to Tech support to show I have the correct zip file and have the extracted files in the root directory. Next? And I should have mentioned this is a USA TV, and yes I've done a factory reset several times as well.

0 Likes
3Fees
Comet
Options
LED and OLED TVs
Sounds like a hardware issue, I'd escalate the warranty request. Factory reset fixes firmware or software issues from bad updates with a tv and then the download of the working firmware should solve the problem if it's a software or firmware issue.

Cheers
3Fees
0 Likes