JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

APPLE MAC PRO M1 - VENTURA 13.1 NOT READING SAMSUNG T5 OR T7 SSD

(Topic created: 04-19-2023 12:41 PM)
Members_HiF5Hz3
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have never had a problem with using any external hard drive until now. They are usually plug and play, so to speak. Apparently, that is not the case anymore.

The Macbook Pro M1 does not properly recognize the T5 or T7 SSD hard drives, and its not the drives themselves because they work fine on older machines. Rebooting, reinstalling the SSD software and/or using the original cable does not solve the issue. I have also reformatted the drives in every format type and the drives still don't boot up on the M1 chip. However, they do boot up on an older Macbook Pro.

The fact that the M1 doesn't recognize any flash drive and/or SSD, and people have been complaining about this issue for the last two years is very worrisome. Please see original topic: "Samsung T5 & T7 SSD issues on macOS Monterey"

If you are from Samsung, you need to immediately work with Apple, fix the bug, update the software, and update the public on the repair. The issue is blocking me from my work which is a serious problem.

Please advise.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Lazoma M
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I understand your frustration with the issue you're experiencing with the compatibility of Samsung T5 and T7 SSD hard drives on your Macbook Pro M1 and MacBook 12in M7. It seems that despite being plug and play in the past, the M1 chip is not properly recognizing these drives, even though they work fine on older machines. Rebooting, reinstalling the SSD software, using the original cable, and reformatting the drives in different formats have not resolved the problem. This is a concerning issue, especially since it appears that the M1 chip has trouble recognizing any flash drive or SSD, as reported by other users over the past two years.

If you are specifically addressing Samsung as the manufacturer of the SSD drives, it would be advisable for them to collaborate with Apple to address this bug promptly. A resolution would involve fixing the compatibility issue, updating the necessary software, and informing the public about the repair progress. The problem you're facing is affecting your work, which is a significant concern.

I recommend reaching out to Samsung's customer support or technical assistance for further guidance and to report the issue. They should be able to provide you with specific troubleshooting steps or information about any ongoing efforts to address the compatibility problem with Apple's M1 chip. Hopefully, a solution can be found to resolve the issue and restore your productivity.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Lazoma M
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I understand your frustration with the issue you're experiencing with the compatibility of Samsung T5 and T7 SSD hard drives on your Macbook Pro M1 and MacBook 12in M7. It seems that despite being plug and play in the past, the M1 chip is not properly recognizing these drives, even though they work fine on older machines. Rebooting, reinstalling the SSD software, using the original cable, and reformatting the drives in different formats have not resolved the problem. This is a concerning issue, especially since it appears that the M1 chip has trouble recognizing any flash drive or SSD, as reported by other users over the past two years.

If you are specifically addressing Samsung as the manufacturer of the SSD drives, it would be advisable for them to collaborate with Apple to address this bug promptly. A resolution would involve fixing the compatibility issue, updating the necessary software, and informing the public about the repair progress. The problem you're facing is affecting your work, which is a significant concern.

I recommend reaching out to Samsung's customer support or technical assistance for further guidance and to report the issue. They should be able to provide you with specific troubleshooting steps or information about any ongoing efforts to address the compatibility problem with Apple's M1 chip. Hopefully, a solution can be found to resolve the issue and restore your productivity.