JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't update Samsung Odyssey G9 Firmware

(Topic created: 01-06-2021 04:15 PM)
Heartsbane
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

I've tried following the instructions provided to update the monitor hardware, and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. 

Monitor Model: LC49G95TSSNXZA

Current Software Version: M-T9549GGAA-1005.4

I downloaded the latest firmware and unzipped it. There's one file, named: M-T9549GGAA-1008.1[205C].img

I tried two different USB Flash Drives, one 2GB and one 32GB. I did a fresh format on both to ensure they were formatted to FAT32.

I copied the file to the USB flash drive and plugged it into the SERVICE USB port on the monitor.

I went to Support >> Software Update - I get the following message: No update files found on your USB device. (File Name: M-T9549GGAA-****.*)

I tried plugging into the other USB port on the monitor and it gives this message: No USB devices detected. Please check and try again. 

So I'm pretty sure I had it plugged into the SERVICE USB port to start with, it's just not recognizing the update file.

I tried renaming the file and trying again. I tried all of the following filenames:

- M-T9549GGAA-1008.1[205C].bin (per PDF instructions)

- M-T9549GGAA-1008.img

- M-T9549GGAA-1008.bin

Same message (no update files found) every time. 

What the heck?!? It can't be this hard to update the firmware on this monitor!

12 Replies
Heartsbane
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

If it helps, I downloaded the file from this URL: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/odyssey-gaming-monitor-g9-series

Upgrade File(USB type)
  • Version 1008.1
    NOV 19,2020
    1.56 MB
0 Likes
usergvhSc0ZSLw
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I had the same problem with the G9 C49G97T. I had 2 recent usb thumbdrives that didn't work.

Per the instructions from SamsungLou below, I found an older 16gb microcenter brand thumbdrive (usb 3.0 or older). Formatted to Fat32, and I was able to update firmware 1008 with this thumbdrive. I'm able to see my desktop at 5120x1440 @240hz now.

userYS9KxoO5TA
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have the same problem :(. I only have a different model number: LC49G95TSSUXEN
I'm close to send this product back as the text are very blurry compared to my main laptop view. I hope to get that sorted with the firmware update.
Do you also have this issue?

0 Likes
Ladigo
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory
can't accept the terms of agreement when I get get to it
0 Likes
userJc54QtVtEo
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I am having the same issues can't find good instructions any place maybe is my USB stick 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Monitors and Memory

The software update procedure is detailed on page 36 of your User Guide. Be certain to disconnect all cables from the monitor before running the update.

0 Likes
userZoR4PO26ad
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Same problem, I have disconnected all cables, tried both ports, formated my USB many times fat32, followed exact guide instructions and still CANNOT UPDATE,

I have firmware version 1006.2 which I updated from stock before using the same persuade so I don't know why its not working this time, please help.

0 Likes
userFdmll50J3C
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Samsung fix ur stuff man...

Bojo3210
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Im not sure if you figured it out yet, but I did have a similar issue. I tried eveything you did with 2 different thumb drives, then gave up for a bit. I tried taking another crack at it. I tried a third thumb drive for the heck of it and it worked. I tried the other ones I had tried previously used to see if something changed or if I did something wrong. Nope, it was just an incompatibility with those thumb drives appearently. The one that worked was a Kingston Data Travler 16Gb. I dont think the capacity was the issue, but I dont know why that one works. So just in case youre still dealing with that.