Original topic:

[Feature Request] Enable DSC toggle in Game Mode for the Odyssey OLED G95SC

(Topic created: yesterday)
Ciats
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi Samsung Team,

I'm writing to share feedback regarding the Odyssey G95SC. Many competitor ultrawide monitors using the same QD-OLED panel, as well as some of your previous Odyssey models, have included the option to toggle off DSC either through the settings menu or by lowering the refresh rate. However, with the G95SC, it seems that DSC can only be turned off by disabling Game Mode, which in turn lowers the resolution to 3840x1080, disables VRR, and disables HDR.

As a user, this limitation prevents me from fully utilizing features on my PC graphics card, such as DSR/DLDSR, while maintaining optimal performance. Based on the current specs, it appears that this monitor could theoretically support 5120x1440 resolution in Game Mode with 10-bit color depth at a 120Hz refresh rate without DSC.

For a premium product like the Odyssey G95SC, it would be great to see this functionality added in a future firmware update. This would significantly enhance the user experience by enabling greater flexibility and compatibility with advanced PC graphics features.

Thank you for your consideration and I look forward to your response.

Best,
Peter

0 Likes
0 Replies