Original topic:

G80SD has a flickering issue, and I don't know what to do.

(Topic created: Sunday)
Members_DyxeGdp
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I bought the monitor over one month ago. I have been experiencing the intermittent black screen issue, where it will blank out occasionally while I am using it at 4k 240hz. It is similar to the other discussion post regarding this monitor and the intermittent black screen issue. I am now torn on what to do. I bought the monitor through Best Buy and got the 4-year warranty and replacement that can be purchased separately. I also got a promotional offer that gives a $300 gift card. That being said, is this something I should be waiting for a software update for... or should I get an RMA from either Best Buy or Samsung and see if they will send another one/ refund me?

One caveat is that I don't want to be dealing with this over and over again with new monitors having issues even if I get it replaced. I want a monitor that is OLED 4k 240hz that I can enjoy and not have black screens a few times per hour.

Any help on the black screen issue would be greatly appreciated, even though the other person who posted the same issue didn't seem to have much luck.

0 Replies