JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung G7 240hz 27inch Bios boot problem

(Topic created: 07-24-2024 02:24 AM)
E4GLE010
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Will try to be as short as possible. Brought yesterday Samsung G7 27inch 240hz monitor. From what i saw so far, monitor is 2 in 1 TV and monitor, it has Samsung's OS that they use in their TVs. As i already have Samsung Smart TV for some time now there is no issues with that so far. Issue i have is actually not being able to boot with Odyssey in BIOS at all. I'm using dual monitor setup, one is Odyssey as an primary and second is Asus VG27VQ 27inch, 240hz 1080p. Before i switched to Odyssey i had another 1080p monitor as well. We will put that on the side now. I checked cables and stuff many times already, Odyssey is identified as an monitor 1 and Asus as an Monitor 2 in both Display Settings and Nvidia Control Panel settings. Odyssey's DisplayPort cable is plugged into DP1 in GPU, Asus is Plugged into DP2. All good there. When i turn on PC, Asus will get Bios screen as an secondary monitor, while, Windows Welcome screen and everything else will be booted on Odyssey as usual. While, if i'm using single monitor, Odyssey only, there is no issue so far, Bios screen will run on Odyssey without a problem. While on dual monitor Bios always run on Asus. My guess is that the Samsung's OS is preventing Bios from running on Samsung for some reason since monitor is TV first ( can work without PC plugged into it overall. Is there a way to somehow disable Samsung ,,Smart TV features" overall or... ? As well, one more thing, when i turn off the PC, monitor will stay awake for like 60 seconds, with some screen saying if i don't do any sort of action monitor will go to stand by mode / turn off, is there any way to disable that screen overall, like, to just shut down monitor immidietly?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! This seems to be a GPU initialization issue. From what I can find online this issue is common with people with multiple monitors. Some suggestions were to go into the BIOS menu, unplug it, and then replug it until the BIOS is on the Samsung monitor. And if your monitor has multiple connections try each one to get the Samsung monitor to be first. Other than that as long as the bios is booting up when the monitor is by itself and working properly in general service would not be recommended.

View solution in context

2 Replies
ddaniel51
Red Giant
Options
Monitors and Memory

What does the User Manual say?

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! This seems to be a GPU initialization issue. From what I can find online this issue is common with people with multiple monitors. Some suggestions were to go into the BIOS menu, unplug it, and then replug it until the BIOS is on the Samsung monitor. And if your monitor has multiple connections try each one to get the Samsung monitor to be first. Other than that as long as the bios is booting up when the monitor is by itself and working properly in general service would not be recommended.