JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to connect a USB to PC via Samsung M7 monitor

(Topic created: 03-27-2021 05:55 AM)
userjJE6GTbJgW
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi, I was wondering if it's possible to connect a USB mouse and keyboard to a PC using the Samsung M7s USB 2.0 ports in the back. My M7 monitor is quite far from my PC so this is the best option, Bluetooth is a little laggy so I was thinking of plugging the Bluetooth devices into the monitor so it was closer range. I have an extension USB 2.0 cable but I wasn't able to figure out if it can connect to the PC to access those 2.0s in the back. Thanks in advance for the help.

0 Likes
4 Replies
ddaniel51
Sun
Options
Monitors and Memory

What does your User Manual say?

0 Likes
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Monitors and Memory

The USB ports on this monitor are not configures as a hub. Connecting a keyboard and/or mouse will allow control of the internal internet and Smart Hub functions only, not a connected PC.

0 Likes
userqtTTJ6gjc5
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi,

I know it says it doesn't act as a hub but when I connect my laptop to the monitor using usb-c to usb-c cable (need to make sure cable supports video and data), I can use the usb-A connection (on 2 of the 3 though) to connect my keyboard and mouse to my laptop. 

userJFKDd9hqmj
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Do you know if I can connect the laptop (mac) via usbc and use the usba ports to connect to hard drives?

0 Likes