Original topic:

Monitor Background doesn't show up after reboot

(Topic created: 01-03-2024 11:28 AM)
Nick Mez
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi everyone,

I have a strange issue with my new monitor and I'm really scratching my head trying to find a solution. 

I recently purchased this monitor: LS27A800NMPXEN, which is set as the 2nd monitor in my system. When I reboot my system the custom background I've set for it in the W10 personalization menu, is replaced by the background of the 1st monitor and when entering again the personalization menu I lose the ability to set custom images for each monitor. Instead I get a prompt like I had only 1 monitor in use (see image). Now, what I've already tried:

1. Switching cables, both hdmi and DP,

2. Uninstalling and re-installing Nvidia drivers (I have a 3090 driving the monitors)

3. I tried with my old monitor a BenQ 25" 1440p and the issue stopped to occur. Everything back to normal. 

4. I've switched the monitors as primary and secondary. No use...

5. I deleted the personalization registry entries. Nothing here too.

6. I created a theme from my background images and saved it. Nothing.

What I have understood so far is that the monitor needs some kind of refresh before the personalization options start to work for both monitors. Is it some kind of sleep mode it enters which conflicts with the background settings in startup? I tried everything and had no luck. Please, if anybody had a similar experience and found a workaround, let me know or suggest other possible solutions. 

Thanks in advance and I wish a happy new year to all! 1stmonitor.jpg.b19866d0a46dc53caaf6cbc37f528174.jpg

3 Replies
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Monitors and Memory
What you need to do is set your monitor Options under your windows monitor settings not the graphics card. Right click on the screen then click display settings then you should see the ability to set up multiple monitors. Set it to expand the monitor of choice as a example it will say montor 1. Now set that you set the background. this way it will copy the same background on all your displays. Hopefully this is making sense if not let me know LOL
Nick Mez
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Thanks for replying to my post. My point is exactly that I want different background images in my monitors, not the same image. And I lose this option when I reboot my pc. I can't figure out why. If I close and re-open the monitor then backgrounds come back as usual. Furthermore, when I start my pc from a cold boot the backgrounds load successfully. Only when I reboot the system this occurs and I'm almost certain that it has to do with some standby or sleep states of the monitor. 

0 Likes
Solution
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Monitors and Memory
Oh got Ya. The monitor has nothing to do with it that I'm aware of. When you shut off the PC maybe it's not recognizing that all the monitor are on. Make sure that the monitor is in standby mode. Then For more customization options, you can set different wallpapers for your dual monitors. When using Windows , you'll need to use "Personalization" settings. Right-click on a wallpaper to set it for monitor 1 or 2. To change desktop backgrounds individually for each monitor, head to Settings > Personalization > Background. Under Choose Your Picture, right-click a background image and select "Set For Monitor 1," "Set For Monitor 2," or whichever other monitor you want to use it on. Last thing make sure the communication settings in your graphic card for the monitor is turned on. Otherwise I'm not sure what else