Original topic:

Smart TV Remote Controlling M7 Monitor

(Topic created: 07-26-2022 04:42 AM)
userm8pxb7EPdC
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi!

I have ~5-year-old Samsung Smart TV (55''), and just recently bought Samsung Smart Monitor M7.

I have both devices in the same big room - which causes issues with remotes.

The TV remote can turn off / turn on the Monitor - even if the remote is pointing in a different direction.

So every time someone in the household is turning on / off the TV, the monitor is changing state (so: it can turn off, turn on for 1 minute if no device is connected, etc.).

The monitor remote is not turning on the TV when directly pointing in direction of the Monitor, which is good.

Any ideas on how to handle the issue? I tried renaming Monitor but that didn't help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello! I understand how this can be frustrating with your remote controlling both devices. Since this is occurring what I would recommend is resetting the remote first by taking the batteries out and holding down the power button for at least 10 secs. If this does not help you can call us directly and ask for our remote management team at 1 (800) 726-7864. 

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello! I understand how this can be frustrating with your remote controlling both devices. Since this is occurring what I would recommend is resetting the remote first by taking the batteries out and holding down the power button for at least 10 secs. If this does not help you can call us directly and ask for our remote management team at 1 (800) 726-7864.