Original topic:

Monitor stopped working after last Windows Update

(Topic created: 09-13-2024 09:23 AM)
Members_pkwlsFf
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory
After the latest Window Update. my monitor does not work I get the blinking signal that the monitor is asleep
 The computer is NOT "sleeping" as the screen display is normal from the HDMI output to my TV in the other room. If I only apply power to the monitor the blue indicator will stay on. AFTER I power up the computer it will start blinking and remain dark.
Computer: HP Slim Desktop 290-a0011 Windows 10 Home
Monitor: Samsung Sync Master TFT-LCD
I did a "hard" start and the monitor worked, I did a few things but , after restart, the same old problem
I hooked up a different monitor  and while the desktop screen lit up  appeared to be open  it was totally unresponsive

MAYBE you have a Fix or new drivers?

I THINK I did a system restore and deleted the latest update without success. ALSO the  Update then did reinstall.
Question: is there a way to permanently block Updates?

I STILL. think it has to be a software issue and/or display setting that could help resolve this. I remember several years ago, when I first tried hooking up the HDMI to my TV it took some effort  to figure out how.   Both appear as "1" and "2"  in Devices but "1" is not recognized -YET  Devices also says the Samsung  is operating normally!!!!

I tried another monitor,(Sharp) the screen lit was but unresponsive
0 Likes
0 Replies