JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Monitor won't stay off in sleep mode

(Topic created: 10-17-2023 10:24 PM)
msimmons99
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

My 27" FT45 monitor (LF27T450FQNXGO) goes into sleep mode and wakes up when it's supposed to. But while in sleep mode it will repeatedly turn on for a few seconds and back off. Continuously and regularly maybe every 10 seconds. What's on the screen is just what it was when it went to sleep; nothing changes there.

What's turning it back on? I've been turning the power off to make it stop at night or it will do this all night.

Thanks!

119 Replies
Wizardling
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

It is bananas that you and I and others are having to work around having our rooms lit up over and over at night 😄 I also feel like it's not great for the electric bill…

Frog blast the vent core!
0 Likes
msimmons99
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

It's bananas that I started this thread seven months ago, there have been over 100 replies, and Samsung has said nothing at all about it. One moderator was trying to get ahold of them but couldn't get any help. I'm beginning to think Samsung maybe doesn't care. 🤔

Wizardling
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I contacted support nearly six weeks ago and have not heard a single thing since. And they promised they'd be in touch Soon™. I guess I'm a fool for believing they'd actually follow-up.

So I'll tell you one thing that is crystal clear: Samsung are not interested in ever selling me another monitor. Because I'd have to be out of my gourd to buy another after this fiasco.

0 Likes
howardc64
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

My business class monitor has a 3 year warranty. Sent it in along with a note with explanation fully knowing there is no fix (no updated firmware) Samsung responded by giving me an option to get a recertified same model faster rather than waiting for repair. No way to change to another model.

Anyhow, I guess warranty is useless with respect to these incompatibilities. 

0 Likes
Wizardling
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

They suggested I return my F24T450FQE to the retailer for a replacement (which would have been at my own cost 😞 They clearly don't understand the nature of the issue, because a replacement won't solve anything if I'm to believe the stuff I've searched of others having this issue with the same Samsung model and others.

I insisted that Samsung themselves take care of me as per their warranty and the consumer protection law here. That has resulted in a big fat zero.

0 Likes
msimmons99
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

But Samsung has provided this forum where unhappy customers can go and hit their heads against a brick wall until they either feel better or go away. 😠

ANormalUser
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory
Hello all it's 2023 and I have the exact same issue that everyone else is talking about. Throughout the night my monitor will flash on then in the top left corner say displayport flash that input 3 times then go back to sleep only to do it again minutes later. Crazy to see that this problem hasnt been resolved for 7 YEARS.
howardc64
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

My business class monitor has 3 year warranty, Samsung told me to send it in for repair. I took a chance to see if they will provide another model as I know nothing failed on this monitor as its a design fault. Repair said I can not get a different model and would I accept a refurb as a quicker return. I said yes, refurb came and warranty date doesn't match original. Samsung said all the records will link back to original monitor warranty period but its just more complexity in case of future repair needs. What a mess...

There is no resolution from Samsung in any path at all.

Evanimal
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

I’m having the same problem. Two other displays that don’t wake up every 10 seconds. I’m on a brand new Mac Studio connected via USB-C. 

fisch
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have had the same problem for two years now. I have two monitors S34J552WQU.
From the beginning both monitors were affected. They turn off, so they go into stand by, and turn on again after a short time.
I reported this to Samsung support, but never received an answer. Then I got used to turn off both monitors manually.
Sometime around a year ago I forgot to turn off the monitors and it suddenly worked as it should. Both monitors did not turn on automatically and stayed in standby. Now, again a year later, one starts spinning again and only one of the two turns on / off / on / off again ...
I found this post here after a recherche as well as this link (https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01111092/). There the power supply is accused of turning the monitor on again and again.
I have a surge protector on the power strip wherein both power supplies are plugged. But I can't easily plug them in somewhere else, because they are mounted with a bracket on the bottom of the table and the cables are in a cable channel.
That would be sure a few hours of work.
Does anyone else have the power supply plugged into a surge protector?

0 Likes