JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Not able to connect my M70D monitor using Type C cable

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
RameshRavi
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Yesterday got my new Samsung M70D(LS32DM700UWXXL) Monitor, I can able to connect my monitor with my laptop(Dell Latitude 3520) using HDMI cable. but I'm not able to connect my monitor with my laptop using Type-C cable. Actually It's not at all detect my monitor. It's just charging my laptop only. I'm not able to connect my laptop with monitor.

Monitor: Samsung M70D(LS32DM700UWXXL)
Laptop: Dell Latitude 3520
Type-C Cable: Samsung type-C to Type-C Cable, UGREEN 3M USB C to USB C Cable 100W Fast Charge Cable

WhatsApp Image 2024-08-17 at 7.19.21 PM.jpeg

0 Likes
3 Replies
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Monitors and Memory

@RameshRavi It looks like that is a device offered only in India. Unfortunately you have landed in a user to user discussion area for Samsung US products. To find the discussion area for your geographical area, visit https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite/ 

I couldn't find much information on that monitor. It could be that the USB C connection is only for using the USB C hub built into the monitor, not for sending video to the monitor. 

RameshRavi
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

thanks @LongHiker 

Solution
RameshRavi
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Finally, I got the solution from myself only after referring to the product manual.
So, Samsung already mentions in the document that we need a USB Type-C 3.1 Gen2 10G cable (Displayport ALT) at least to share the screen with the monitor using the Type-C cable. In my case, both my Samsung and Ugreen cables, which I mentioned above, won't support the DisplayPort ALT function. So, that's the reason I faced the issue. And currently, I don't have a DisplayPort ALT function cable to test it. But in the below, I will mention the cable that supports the DisplayPort ALT function.

Cable Name: UGREEN 1m USB-C to USB-C Cable, 240W Power Delivery USB C 3.2 Gen 2 10Gbps 4K Video Compatible for MacBook Pro/Air, Huawei Matebook, iPad Pro 2020, Chromebook, Samsung Galaxy S20/S10, Pixel (80150V240)

US Link: 
Amazon_Ugreen USB Type-C 3.1 Gen2 10G cable  

India Link: 
UgreenIndia_Ugreen USB Type-C 3.1 Gen2 10G cable  
Amazon_Ugreen USB Type-C 3.1 Gen2 10G cable  

0 Likes