JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Odyssey G5 Auto Source Switch not working fw 1005.2

(Topic created: 01-06-2021 05:01 AM)
userzVIX8rNKNg
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Auto Source switch not works, tested with new firmware and issue continues.

I have one computer connected through Display Port and another with HDMI. Auto Source is ON, but I have to select manually the source when I change from one computer to another. Tested in many ways, none works.

Please, solve it.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Good afternoon, everyone. The previously mentioned thread was locked, as all threads are when a solution is provided. The information posted below is from our engineering team.

There are two features, and which one the model has will vary. Regular "Auto Source Switch" only switches sources when cables are physically plugged in or unplugged. If the current source is no signal (like if it was unplugged), and you physically plug in another connection, then it will switch to the one you just plugged in. "Auto Source Switch+" is the more advanced form, which will switch when signals occur or don't occur, and doesn't require actually physically disconnecting/reconnecting cables. Knowing your exact model code will confirm which version you have. Models like G95T, G75T, and G55T all only have the regular Auto Source Switch. Auto Source Switch+ is only on models like G95NA and G70A.

View solution in context

0 Likes
15 Replies
AeekasitSumama
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have issuse like this I try to auto source switch between HDMI & Display port but it not works. and i just update software now is  M-T5500GGZA- 1005.0
 140472222_838018366743573_4639037152278929051_n.jpg142062141_739160943705530_6158092682989752401_n.jpg140134144_173868420736958_5219014671524641041_n.jpg

useriMJuCE0ht1
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

same issue to me. PS5 on HDMI and PC on display port. Auto switch is on however it does not switch. I tried all. Please fix it because the button for swtiching sooner or later may go broken.

userynH8V9K6gv
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello, I tried an update to the 1006 firmware, still the same issue. No switch between display port and HDMI. Will this be fixed quickly now ? It's really anoying. Thanks

userJIGfKwr7zF
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have the same issue, extremely disappointed as this is basic functionality.

I have not attempted a firmware update to the latest version as there are no release notes. However, it appears confirmed here that this does not resolve the problem.

usergbLfHiKXW6
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have the same issue, very disappointed with this model. Will return mine and buy a different product.

userVk2zzVR0mZ
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Confirmed feature still not working in FW M-T5500GGZA-1006.0, Samsung can't you get to fix this basic functionality? It is surprising to launch a product with such a fail, but not fixing it quickly is shameful.

userXOHLIYarGK
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Having the same issue on the Odyssey G7 32" Curved monitor on the latest firmware. Sad that basic functions don't work on a $700+ monitor

LaurenceGough
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

Exact same issue on the Odyssey G7 "flagship" (for sure flagship priced) monitor. Also the same on the G9 Odyssey.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Monitors-and-Memory/Samsung-Odyssey-G7-Auto-Detect-of-Active-Inp...

No reply from Samsung at all. Perhaps this basic feature is too difficult to code for them, when cheap £50, 20x cheaper monitors can do it fine?

userXOHLIYarGK
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Seems like Samsung censored that page, that's what they're doing instead of addressing the problem