JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Odyssey G5 Auto Source Switch not working fw 1005.2

(Topic created: 02-16-2022 09:55 AM)
userzVIX8rNKNg
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Auto Source switch not works, tested with new firmware and issue continues.

I have one computer connected through Display Port and another with HDMI. Auto Source is ON, but I have to select manually the source when I change from one computer to another. Tested in many ways, none works.

Please, solve it.

15 Replies
userb7Hib9kWmx
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Same problem here fw 1008.0 also not working

Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Good afternoon, everyone. The previously mentioned thread was locked, as all threads are when a solution is provided. The information posted below is from our engineering team.

There are two features, and which one the model has will vary. Regular "Auto Source Switch" only switches sources when cables are physically plugged in or unplugged. If the current source is no signal (like if it was unplugged), and you physically plug in another connection, then it will switch to the one you just plugged in. "Auto Source Switch+" is the more advanced form, which will switch when signals occur or don't occur, and doesn't require actually physically disconnecting/reconnecting cables. Knowing your exact model code will confirm which version you have. Models like G95T, G75T, and G55T all only have the regular Auto Source Switch. Auto Source Switch+ is only on models like G95NA and G70A.

0 Likes
userXOHLIYarGK
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

This is not a solution. The auto source switch feature is broken and does not work. Even on the latest firmware that was just released. I'm never buying a Samsung gaming monitor again.

userWcXT8zm7iL
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

This is only a bad excuse. This functionality is not working and that's all. Talk with the dev team to fix it asap. This bug is a shame. 80€ monitors can do this since 2010.

Updated to 1009.1 and still doesn't work. Didnt notice any bug correction. 

userEEWsHMQi7T
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

That's ridiculous.

userQgtDBkZ9UU
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have a G75T with the same "issue" - like others in this thread, I assumed it would be able to "auto source switch" based on a new signal being connected, rather than a physical cable being connected/disconnected.

Based on the post above by Samsung_Moderator I connected two active sources (one HDMI, one DisplayPort), and then physically removed the cable for the HDMI source I was currently displaying, and the monitor automatically switched to the other one (DisplayPort). I then reconnected that HDMI cable, and it just gave a prompt through the OSD that HDMI had been reconnected, without switching to the HDMI input (Samsung_Moderator suggested this will only automatically switch to the newly-connected source if there is no signal on the currently-selected source - my test confirms this).

I then unplugged both sources (resulting in no signal for the currently-selected DisplayPort input), and plugged in the HDMI cable again - which successfully auto-selected the HDMI input.

So it does the following (noting that I'm using a G7 / G75T):

1. When more than 1 source is connected and sending a signal, unplugging one will trigger the monitor to automatically switch to the other (not sure how it decides which one to switch to if all 3 inputs are active to begin with? Didn't test that)
  2. When there is no signal* on the currently-selected input, and you plug-in another cable (I assume that the newly-connected cable needs to have a signal? In my test it did, I didn't test what happened if you connect a new cable that also has no signal), it will automatically switch to the new input.

*as Samsung_Moderator noted, this only happens if the current input has no signal - if you have one active input/signal already selected and you plug in another source that also has an active signal, you have to manually change to that new input source even though you've physically plugged-in another cable...

...wow, what an underwhelming feature - I assume like many others, I'm not physically connecting/disconnecting the display cables often enough (or... ever) for this to be of any use (i.e. I might want to plug a laptop into a docking station connected by DisplayPort to override another HDMI source that was previously selected/still connected, then have it switch back again either when I disconnect the laptop from the dock or the HDMI source sends a signal again - at no point there do I touch any of the display source cables).

Is there any way the "more advanced" Auto Source Switch+ functionality can be retrofitted to other models with a firmware update? Doesn't seem unreasonable to me, unless there's specific/additional hardware involved - uneducated as I might be on this sort of thing, it certainly seems like the sort of thing that could be handled at a software/firmware level... (the monitor can obviously tell whether it's getting a signal on each source regardless of a physical connection/disconnection of cables - if I have two laptops connected at the same time, one by HDMI, another by DisplayPort, they are both able to be selected in the input menu - if I turn off one of those laptops but leave the input cable connected, that input source is then greyed-out in the OSD input selection menu - so it is clearly detecting whether there is/isn't a signal being received via each physical connection).

Thanks