Original topic:

Odyssey G5 DisplayPort not working

(Topic created: 08-02-2022 01:24 PM)
leveechicken
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello, 

The DisplayPort on my Odyssey G5 is not working. The HDMI port works perfectly, but the DisplayPort source doesn't display an image, and the DisplayPort source is greyed out on the menu. 

I have tried different cables, HDMI cables with DisplayPort adapters, a factory reset, and a firmware update, but nothing has been able to resolve the issue.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks.

9 Replies
userwtiXufusCF
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

I am experiencing the exact same issue =( makes 2 of us

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Do you have multiple things plugged into the monitor? Have you tried unplugging everything but the displayport? 

Also, have you tried checking the graphics card in your computer to make sure it's okay? 

Try powering off everything including the monitor and PC Wait for 2 minutes and plug in the Displayport cable. Start the monitor first then finally the PC, and see if it will work that way. 

Let me know if this helps! 

0 Likes
userIrW4p1JosZ
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Can you please confirm if a fix for this has been found? I have just purchased a G5 165hz and have the same issue. Displayport is not picking up any input source but the hdmi works fine.

userxZPq6avjHv
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Same issue here. Returning it for a refund.

userT0IbVpqNlE
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Same here

0 Likes
usersXxKL2HcKm
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

So what now? No solutions? 

Having the same issue. HMDI works but Display Port!

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello! If the information from the previous moderator is not working and you just recently purchased the monitor I would recommend making sure the monitor's firmware is up to date, and if this does not help I would recommend taking it back for an exchange/refund. Or if you are out of that period we can set this up for service. You can just send any of the moderators a private message with your full model and serial number and the following information. 

Place of purchase:
First and Last Name:
Physical Street Address:
City, State, and Zip Code:
Home phone number:
Alternate phone number:     
Email address: 

carlosen14
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I connected the display port to a DP to HDMI converter, but doesn't give signal.. should this work? or it has to be a Displayport to USB-C cable?

Also, if I'm in Mexico, where should I send this information?

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

If you are outside the US I would recommend using the link below to find your support location. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

0 Likes