JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Odyssey G7 black screen issue

(Topic created: 09-02-2020 10:20 AM)
usera0UxRm6XNK
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have had this monitor for 4 days and from yesterday every now and then the screen will go black. The first time this happened I was playing Minecraft. The on-screen display would not show up and windows display settings didn't help so my solution was to restart my pc. Then the same happened around 20 minutes later, I was also on Minecraft then. That time I found that if I held the power button on the bottom of the monitor for 5-6 seconds it eventually got the image back (it is still on because you can see from side angles it looks blueish and after holding the power button for a bit it goes to a deeper shade of black before switching back on again).

After the second time, the same issue persisted and occurred around 10 times with 1 minute intervals then stopped. I continued playing Minecraft then went to csgo for a few hours and everything was fine. Later on yesterday I went back to Minecraft where the issue came back, occurring around 6-7 times with short intervals then it stopped. Earlier today the same thing happened while on youtube a few times.

I'm not quite sure what's going on as it seems to come in waves then stop for quite a few hours. Maybe it's just a loss of the video signal, the way the cables are designed to go through the tiny hole in the plate covering the IO isn't very good. Maybe it's an overheating issue, I don't know.

11 Replies
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Monitors and Memory

I'm sorry to hear that, if this is occurring after power cycling and make sure to try different HDMI or DP cables, and also making sure the firmware is updated on the moniter and the GPU you are using, I would recommend taking this back for and exchange.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userdYnxMo8PfZ
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

I (and everyone I know with this monitor) are having the same issue. It has become more and more frequent. I've reached out to support and no reponse. Is it even possible to exchange this monitor for a new one given the supply constraints? Is it back in stock even? THanks!-j s

Solution
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hey, give this link a shot: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01110725/ If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. 

- If your device was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed.
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, for depot type products (Soundbars, Home Theater Systems, tablets, ect.) that require to be shipped we recommend you speak with our depot team for pricing and to have the service set up: 1-310-669-4334.

0 Likes
usero0VxG3wbFC
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

This exact same thing has been happening with me too. doesnt matter if i have adaptive sync on or off. my screen will go black for a couple seconds and then come back. I thought I got a bad monitor so I returned my first one, and my second one is doing the same thing, just not as often. I have the most updated drivers nvidia 451.85 hotfix and monitor firmare version 1006. I am giving it another week before I return it, going to see if nvidia somehow comes out with another driver update to fix this issue. this monitor would be perfect if it didnt black screen. I tried different cables and used mulitple display ports and still same issue. This makes me sad. I really dont want return it but I just might have to return this second monitor.

user0Zu03zCcTz
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have the exact same problem: got my monitor on Tuesday, and on Thursday after a 3 hours gamining session I was browsing on windows and it went black.

I powered it off/on, screen ok for 30 seconds, then goes black again. Maybe it's too hot... anyway it's really bad.

I can replace it, but seeing the other guy saying this also happened for his 2nd monitor, and seeing flickering (only when loading a BFV map, never in game actually), and seeing that image quality is less nice than my old IPS 144hz 1440p Acer XB270HU makes me think I will wait for the new IPS models...

Too bad because I kinda liked the curve and responsivness of this screen. 

usercuU0e9hHEV
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi

I have two of the Odyssey G7 49" monitors, the first one is fine and I have never had the issue, however, the second monitors screens flickers black (only when I am using it), every 30 seconds or so.  It is hugely annoying, so I will try the advice on here.  Thanks

0 Likes
user83vdwOXQvd
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

i have firmware 1009 installed and i am seeing blanking with hdr 10 bit enabled.  rtx2070

useraj9ak4YzZP
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Same here, I went into the monitors OSD and swapped Local Dimming to ON from AUTO - The monitor tries to swap when it doesn't recognize HDR content - so I've just left it on in the hopes it doesn't auto-switch. I'll report back if it doesn't fix the HDR issue.

user7kj2Vp1L8r
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have a 2080 Ti, and the Odyssey g7 goes black when I am watching something or playing a game. I have went through 3 of them and I don't know how to fix this issue.