JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Odyssey G7 black screen issue

(Topic created: 08-08-2020 12:34 PM)
usera0UxRm6XNK
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have had this monitor for 4 days and from yesterday every now and then the screen will go black. The first time this happened I was playing Minecraft. The on-screen display would not show up and windows display settings didn't help so my solution was to restart my pc. Then the same happened around 20 minutes later, I was also on Minecraft then. That time I found that if I held the power button on the bottom of the monitor for 5-6 seconds it eventually got the image back (it is still on because you can see from side angles it looks blueish and after holding the power button for a bit it goes to a deeper shade of black before switching back on again).

After the second time, the same issue persisted and occurred around 10 times with 1 minute intervals then stopped. I continued playing Minecraft then went to csgo for a few hours and everything was fine. Later on yesterday I went back to Minecraft where the issue came back, occurring around 6-7 times with short intervals then it stopped. Earlier today the same thing happened while on youtube a few times.

I'm not quite sure what's going on as it seems to come in waves then stop for quite a few hours. Maybe it's just a loss of the video signal, the way the cables are designed to go through the tiny hole in the plate covering the IO isn't very good. Maybe it's an overheating issue, I don't know.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
11 Replies
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Monitors and Memory

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
useruTwPVG88wi
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

so i see a lot people complaining about blackscreens on samsung g7 or g9 but when the firmware update to fix this is gonna get release. I already saw on samsung Europe that a guy has firmware 1010.3 ,and he said that finally fix the black screens. he got the firmware update after sending his monitor for repair and all they did to the monitor was to apply and update why this is taking so long to release the update to the community that owns the monitors to finally fix the black screens.

0 Likes