JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Odyssey G9 will not wake up

(Topic created: 02-06-2021 01:45 PM)
usercYMYbjswJl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

I am having an issue with my new Odyssey G9 in that after the monitor goes to sleep, it doesn't wake back up.   Windows thinks the monitor is there and shows it in the list of displays.   Pressing Win + Shift + Ctrl + b does fliker the screens, but the monitor does not wake up.

It does not appear to be a windows issue because if Windows goes to sleep before the monitor does, then everything comes back.   Only after the monitor times out and goes into power save does this problem surface.

The only way I have been able for it to show back up is disconnect the cable or turn the monitor off and then on again.

Anyone experiencing this issue?

MSI GS65 Stealth

nVidia RTX 2080

Windows 10 v10.0.19041

Connected via DP

38 Replies
userG6dw2Xrrep
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello,

I got my G9 last week or so. When I play video games the screen goes black and that's the end of it. I use original cable DP and also a very good HDMI but doesn't change anything. My computer is a new PC with GForce RTX 3080 and top of the line. I can't find anywhere in the computer where to change the refresh rate to 240 as my only choices are 60 and 120.

I have the version 1008.1 on G9 and the nvidia firmeware is the latest 460.89 12/15/2020.

it's a shame that such a screen comes with those problems because I love it!

Thanks for the help

0 Likes
userbohqoay6yu
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

i just in the second G9 right Now First comes with Annoyin Green Stuck Pixels Now guess what?? NO dead or Stuck Pixels BUt The Menu Keys Not working I cant go through settings nothing works it just shows Sound Volume and Input whatever i tap is always pressing back !!

0 Likes
userW1aHb53YOM
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

How has this problem been "Solved". There are loads of us with the wake issue its obviously a firmware issue as I had no issues with the same PC and a dell monitor. This ileaves a bad taste when a monitor costs this much and doesnt work properly months after release. Typical Samsung.

0 Likes
userCHCA7oOoaS
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

I can't believe a monitor as modern and as expensive as this has such a major problem. 

I just bought a 2020 Mac mini M1 and as soon as the monitor goes to sleep, I cannot wake it up. 

The only solution is to disconnect the USB-C to DisplayPort cable and re-connect it. Then it wakes up immediately. 

For now, I've changed macOS Big Sur so it doesn't put my monitor to sleep until a firmware update solves this.

Unbelievable that this hasn't been fixed yet, Samsung... #smh

usercYMYbjswJl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

I am not sure how this was marked as a solution, because I did no such thing.    I, did, however, figure out how to "unmark" it as a solution.   🙂   

This has not been fixed yet and it is VERY annoying!!   @samsung978531 PLEASE RESPOND!

0 Likes
userWmq2E3dTlc
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have just bought the new G9 and have exactly the same problem with one other monitor connected via DP. After waking up from lock or from sleep, the screen stays black. When locking and unlocking again, it wakes up again, but all windows changed position.

I will hold any purchases of the G9 at work as long as this is not resolved. For productivity I recommend the DELL 49' they have much better compatibility and monitor firmware. It's definitly a Samsung problem, as I tested it with different monitors, cables and computers and it only appears with the G9.

userRzWuYulGZr
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

I'm having the same issue since the first week of launch.  I have a G9 and a CRG9 with a 3080 and nothing I've tried has fixed this issue.  I'm using the latest nvidia drivers along with 1010.2 firmware for the G9.  Please fix this.

0 Likes
usershuxSNxPDp
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Same exact issue. 2021 MacBook Pro and 2020 thinkpad. Just won’t wake up without disconnecting and plugging back in

0 Likes
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Monitors and Memory

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes