JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Ordered the Ark Gen2 but now am wondering about the Multiview.

(Topic created: 05-21-2024 02:50 AM)
JDEdmo
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

If both inputs are set to a resolution of 3840x1080 will the ark still try to put them side by side?

Just ordered an Ark Gen2 I will be able to pick it up in like 4 days. I was just assuming that since the display itself is 3840x2160 it would just move one on the top of the other since its the same resolution as the display.

The more reviews I watch the more I wonder if this will work.

Anyone know for sure if this can be done?

Edit: Order was delayed so now I will have to wait even longer to find out if this will work or not.

0 Likes
3 Replies
ddaniel51
Red Giant
Options
Monitors and Memory

What does the User Manual say?

0 Likes
JDEdmo
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

The manual I downloaded since I do not have the Monitor yet, says it supports the resolution but says nothing on the position of the screen. It also only has one mention of 'Multi View' and that is under the FreeSync which I wont be using since I use Nvidia.

I will update if I can get it to work after I get the monitor later this week.

0 Likes
Solution
JDEdmo
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Finally got the monitor in. Seems as if Samsung locks the layouts of the multi view, only allowing a multi-view with 2 inputs as side by side and not top and bottom.

That being said one COULD have 4 inputs and simply set the screens up in windows as an extended display. However I am sure this would limit the refresh rate for some unknown reason.

For now I will probably not even make use of the multi-view since it has such massive restrictions which make it kind of pointless to have.

Overall I would say this monitor should ONLY be bought if you have the money to toss around since most if not all the selling "features" for the monitor are useable but far to limited functionally to be truly worth it.

0 Likes