JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung 980 Pro SSD 500GB no compatible con S.M. v7.1.0.770

(Topic created: 04-01-2022 12:41 PM)
Noker61288
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello. I have Samsung 980 Pro SSD 500GB PCIe NVMe M.2 Hard Drive (MZ-V8P500BW). I had Samsung Magician version 7.0.1.630 installed and my hard drive appeared. I updated to version 7.1.0.770 and my hard drive is not recognized. Any solution? Looks like a bug in the new version. I hope they can fix it... Thank you.

9 Replies
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Monitors and Memory
Hmmm. hubby long ago installed two 980 Pros in our Linux server and Linux desktops with no issues. Obviously Magician isn't required, so maybe that's the prob
0 Likes
Noker61288
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have windows 10 Pro, not Linux. It was going well for me, it recognized my hard drive before updating the version. And for me, the Samsung Magician is necessary to see the status of the disk, configure its performance and to set the over provisioning. I attach two photos, one with version 7.0.1.630 and the other with the most recent version 7.1.0.770.Sin título.jpgSin título2.jpg

user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Monitors and Memory
So, you can't boot and Win10 can't see any of the partitions ?

As wife wrote, we've got six 980 drives in three different Suse machines, with no issue.

If your Win10 boots and can access Partition data, the issue is with Magician 👍
0 Likes
Noker61288
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Yes, if I can boot windows 10 and I can see the partitions in windows. Obviously I already know that the problem is with the Magician software because the problem, as I explained, happens to me when I install a later version... that's why I'm looking for someone to give me a solution or some explanation about this Magician software error....

user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Monitors and Memory
We were looking for clarification 👍😁
Solution
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello Samsung Community members,

We apologize for your inconvenience after installing the latest 7.1.0 version of the Samsung Magician software.
Samsung is investigating these symptoms and will keep you posted on our progress.

Noker61288
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Thanks.

0 Likes
hatnSamsung195
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have 860 500gig my sata and as soon as magician did update to 7.1 my magician won't start it throws error. I have win 10...it says reinstall to fix it..no good now even trying the old version has same error won't initiate. I need magician to manage this ssd. I am sorry I got this sad been a lot of pain in glutius maximus for little benefit. Come on Samsung your update broke it so let's make like Microsoft and get the patch for the patch. I've wasted hours on this issues found it listed everywhere but here at samsung...save the so sorry  just fix it.

ddaniel51
Sun
Options
Monitors and Memory

I use  8 of the 1 & 2 TB Samsung NVME drives, 960 Pro,970 Evo, 970 Pro, 980 Pro running  on an Asus MB utilizing the 4 drve expansion card with stock Microsoft drivers on  7.1.

The system is running  fine with no issues.

0 Likes