JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung 990 Pro 2TB problem

(Topic created: 12-30-2022 05:39 AM)
wolfmandim
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

The disk was bought in order to use it as system disk. During installation of Windows 11 it did NOT start the computer at all. Checked the BIOS and noticed that the disk is listed in Storage Configuration, but NOT listed in Boot priorities. Used a 970 SSD as system disk and booted with no problems. I saw that the 990 Pro has been initiated and given a drive letter. But it was identified as Local Disk, NOT by its name. I used two different motherboards to verify the problem. Also it does NOT appear either in Samsung Magician or Data Migration software. I need the 990 as a system disk. Is there anything I can do to solve the situation?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
14 Replies
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Monitors and Memory

@wolfmandim 

Maybe try cloning your system disk to it using the Samsung Magician software? I was able to install Windows 11 and use a 990 Pro 1TB as a boot drive just fine in my system. I have an ASUS TUF Gaming DDR4 motherboard. I've used the Magician to clone drives before, and it always worked perfectly for me.

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

wolfmandim
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

The 990 Pro 2TB is NOT shown in Samsung Magician, therefore I cannot perform Data Migration. Somehow, the disk refuses to "cooperate".

Screenshot 2023-01-08 094042.png

0 Likes
RachelTacchi
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have just installed a 2tb 990 pro but it is showing as a 500 gbyte 970 evo

0 Likes
ddaniel51
Sun
Options
Monitors and Memory

That sounds like an identification problem instead of a technical issue.  I would return it to seller.

0 Likes
Solution
wolfmandim
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Problem solved!

Had to select New as the option during windows 11 setup. It made the necessary partitions and the OS worked like a charm...

What a relief!

0 Likes