JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung G9 will not connect with Display Port

(Topic created: 01-11-2024 06:07 PM)
JoeyTheThird
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I'm on windows 11 with the new OLED G9 Model G95SC.

I'm trying to connect my monitor with Display Port but it will not recognize that it's turned on. It seems like it's recognizing the PC plugged in Via display port but it just says something about "Waiting for PC to turn on" which is making me worry that the monitor is broken. 

I just got it delivered yesterday and definitely do not want to send it back as I love everything else when it's plugged in with HDMI, but I need to make sure the other port isn't damaged / malfunctioning.

I have tried lots of things as far as new DP cord, disabling IGPU, Disabling 240Hz and Freesync and nothing seems to work. I'm getting pretty **bleep** off at this point when you spend this much on a monitor and it doesn't work. 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I see how this can be frustrating with your monitor not wanting to connect via the display port. Since this is occurring, and you have done the troubleshooting. Service would be recommended for this.  Please see below to see how you would like to get this set up. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one-year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800-726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service set up.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I see how this can be frustrating with your monitor not wanting to connect via the display port. Since this is occurring, and you have done the troubleshooting. Service would be recommended for this.  Please see below to see how you would like to get this set up. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one-year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800-726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service set up.