Original topic:

Samsung Odyssey G9 JOG Button Crumbled—Not covered by Warranty

(Topic created: yesterday)
Shwinnx
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello everyone,

I purchased the Samsung Odyssey OLED G9 49” monitor (Model: LS49CG932SNXZA) 8 months ago expecting a premium gaming experience, but instead, I’ve been let down by a serious design flaw with the JOG button. From day one, the JOG button, which controls everything from inputs to settings, felt off—it would stick and was difficult to navigate. Over time, the button just crumbled in my hand, literally falling apart as if it were made from some brittle material.

I contacted Samsung, confident this would be covered under their warranty, but here’s where the frustration begins. They refused to cover the repair, stating that their standard limited warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship but excludes damage caused by accidents, misuse, or normal wear and tear. They claimed the issue was due to physical damage, when the button has clearly been defective from the start. How does a button that was sticking from day one and eventually broke apart on its own not fall under a defect in materials or workmanship?

It’s not just me either—there are multiple reports of JOG button issues across their product lines. It’s obvious that this is a design flaw, not misuse or "wear and tear."

A monitor this expensive should not be brought down by a faulty button, and Samsung’s refusal to acknowledge the defect is ridiculous. If you’re thinking of buying this monitor, beware. The visuals might be impressive, but the JOG button is fragile, and Samsung won't take responsibility for it.

Sincerely, a very concerned and disappointed customer.

IMG_0502.jpgIMG_0496.jpgIMG_0495.jpg

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello @Shwinnx! Thank you for reaching out! After reviewing the information on file it seems that with your model number and serial number that this monitor is out of warranty. To update it you will have to provide a bill of sale to update this information. You can either send me or any of the other moderators a private message. Or you can call in directly at 1-800-726-7864.