Original topic:

Samsung Odyssey widescreen G55

(Topic created: 09-17-2024 10:54 PM)
Astaciss
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello everyone,

there is this problem that I wanted to consult with someone that is going for me for a long time now. I bought a gaming monitor that was meant to serve two purposes, 1st as a gaming monitor, 2nd as a work screen that allows me to see a lot of data due to its wideness.

From the very start I have came across the following issues which I don't know how to solve:

1. Monitor doesn't change sources automatically when one source goes off or on. I have to manually switch between those which leads to another point.

2. Manual switch doesn't work unless two sources are on. If only one is on and I want to switch to this source I have to do it like 40 times before it catches. When two sources are running, the switch takes only one click.

3. Monitor doesn't wake up from sleep. To make it work I have to unplug and plug again the data cable. This is so frustrating.

Samsung tried repairing this screen twice. First time they replace motherboard which helped with the sleep issue for like a couple of months. After that time the issue reoccured. On second repair they just sent back the monitor claiming it was fixed but nothing really changed. Maybe one of you had similar experiences and know what to do. I'm desperate.

FYI, I have changed cables, I have changed computers. My other old monitor works flawlessly automatically switching sources. My samsung high end monitor makes me go furious.

help!

5 Replies
Phil6
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hey,

Is it possible to get a model number for the monitor?

0 Likes
Astaciss
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi Phil,

See below details

Model: C34G55TWWP
Model Code: LC34G55TWWPXEN
Type No.: C34G55TWW

0 Likes
Munnou
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello,

I totally understand your frustration—having a high-end monitor like the Samsung Odyssey G55 should be a seamless experience, especially when you're using it for both gaming and work. Let's try to tackle your issues step by step:

1. Source switching issue: The lack of automatic source switching is something that many users encounter. Sadly, the Odyssey G55 doesn't seem to prioritize this feature as smoothly as other monitors. I’d recommend checking the Auto Source Switch+ feature in your monitor’s settings (if available). It might need to be manually enabled. If you’ve done this and the issue persists, it might require a firmware update or another solution from Samsung's support team.

2. Manual source switching delay: Since the manual switch only works when both sources are on, this seems like a software or internal hardware flaw. Have you tried adjusting the Input Port settings in the OSD (On-Screen Display)? Some users have reported that switching between DisplayPort and HDMI has smoother results. I’d also suggest testing with another high-quality cable (even if new, some can still cause issues).

3. Sleep/wake issue: This is a big pain point. Since the motherboard replacement only provided a temporary fix, the problem might be deeper within the monitor’s hardware. While unplugging the data cable is a temporary workaround, that shouldn't be necessary. Some users have had success by adjusting their computer’s power settings or display driver configurations, so that might be worth trying as well.

Given that you've already tried repairs twice, it may be time to push Samsung for a replacement under your warranty, especially if the issues continue.

Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hey Astaciss, welcome to the community! I know this purchase must have been exciting and it will be my pleasure to help get it that way again.

Munnou hit the nail on the head with their response! 

If the steps they laid out do not help I recommend letting a service technician have another look. As we would like to gather additional information, and look at this from a case by case basis, please provide the full model code and serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.

Send a message on Facebook

Send Message on Twitter

Send Message to Moderator

If your unit is out of warranty and you would like to receive quotes on service/labor from an Authorized Service Center near you, please visit:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

Solution
Astaciss
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello everyone,  the issue is solved and came to me quite unexpectedly. The issue was too high refresh rate being set up on the monitor. My work laptop GPU apparently could not handle it. After reducing the refresh rate the monitor started to wake up from sleep without issuess. The other problems are most likely related the monitor having problem detecting the laptop as valid source. Long story short, this monitor is a total overkill for my gear, both company and private.