JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung odyssey G70B only has 1920 x 1080 and 1280 x 720 resolution on mac M1

(Topic created: 12-06-2023 05:08 PM)
dglaneto
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have had this monitor for about a month now. At first I could get 4k up to 3840 x 2860 resolution and its perfect.
after powering it up one day I noticed the resolution had dropped back to 1920 x 1080. When looking at the display setting on my mac pro M1 I noticed I. only had 2 low resolutions to select.

I purchased a new higher quality HDMI cable and everything seemed to be working as normal. TBH the options came back before I got the cable, I just don't remember what I did to get them back. i feel the monitor finally decided to detect my Mac again.

Couple weeks later and im back with the same issue as before. I thought the cable may be faulty before so I purchased a new one. Seems like the monitor cant detect my Mac and defaults to the lowest resolution possible.

IS my monitor faulty or is this normal behaviour? I have the latest firmware. Please help

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! This could be one of two issues, The first this could be a setting in the options on the Mac itself I would recommend reaching out to Apple support about this. 

Or this could be an issue with the HDMI converter you may be using to use HDMI with the mac. You may need to purchase one the supports HDMI 2.1

Also, I would recommend looking at your user manual for the monitor and looking at what resolutions are supported at what refresh rate. You can look at the user manual at the following link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/?model=N0060138&modelCode=LS32BG752NNXGO

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! This could be one of two issues, The first this could be a setting in the options on the Mac itself I would recommend reaching out to Apple support about this. 

Or this could be an issue with the HDMI converter you may be using to use HDMI with the mac. You may need to purchase one the supports HDMI 2.1

Also, I would recommend looking at your user manual for the monitor and looking at what resolutions are supported at what refresh rate. You can look at the user manual at the following link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/?model=N0060138&modelCode=LS32BG752NNXGO